After approval the affiliate will receive the welcome message to your program. This can be modified from the Campaign Settings > Communications area of your dashboard. The welcome message is the perfect time to engage the affiliate by offering advice and assisting them to promote you.
As a minimum welcome message should always communicate the following:
- A warm introduction
- A reiteration of Commission Rate and key aspects of your affiliate program.
- Pre-generated affiliate links to key areas of your site.
- Thank you, and an offer to contact you for support if needed.
Welcome Message Best Practice
- Include a special offer or coupon code that affiliates can take advantage of straight away. (increases activation)
- Remind them of your commission rates and give a basic outline of earning potential.
- Offer an increased commission rate or longer cookie period for the first XX amount of days from approval if they put affiliate links up in 5 days. (Increases activation).
- Introduce a special affiliate promotion.
- Provide information on top selling products, trends and your target market. You may choose to provide examples of marketing promotions that have been successful so affiliates can draw inspiration from.
- Use pre-encoded affiliate links to help them get started. These links will populate with the affiliate's ID and allow them to access the link straight away.