A step-by-step guide on how to implement changes to your affiliate program
Any changes to your affiliate program that differ from your current set up, need to be communicated to affiliates. Below is a step-by-step guide on the process to follow.
Examples of changes that need to be communicated include, but aren't limited to:
- an overall commission decrease
- a change to the current commission structure
- a change in allowed promotional methods
- a change in cookie period
For any of the above changes, you will need to follow the below process:
- get in touch with your account contact at Commission Factory to inform them of the changes you are about to implement. Your account contact will be able to help with setting up new commission rates where necessary
- you will need to give 7 days notice to the affiliates with a program-wide notification through the message centre (it's worth reaching out to your top affiliates separately in addition to the program-wide announcement)
- if you have decided to exclude a certain type of affiliate from your program moving forward, you will need to ensure you update your allowed promotional methods under program terms as well as your program description and acceptance message with the changes so it is visible to all current and new affiliates joining the program
You won't need to give 7 days notice for any commission increases, but ensure to communicate these to all affiliates (if it's program-wide) or to the specific affiliate this applies to (if it's an individual increase).