How to use the message centre and what type of messaging to send to your affiliates.
On the Commission Factory interface, you’re able to directly communicate with your affiliates through the message centre. The message centre can be found in the top right corner of the page, in the shape of a square. Click to go to the message centre. From here, you’re able to compose a message to your affiliates. To send a message to all affiliates, type in “All My Affiliates” into the recipient field. Commission Factory will automatically curate a list of all of the approved affiliates on your program, to send the message to.
When communicating an offer with affiliates, the body of the message should include relevant information and provide all the tools needed for affiliates. Include an introduction, information about the promotion/sale you’re wanting to communicate, include affiliate links to that specific promotion, and offer support. The content of the message should also be in the tone of voice that best represents your brand.
The message centre provides a few quick ways to automate the message without having to personalise to each individual affiliate. Below are the options you can utilise:
- [RecipientID] - this will automatically populate the affiliate’s user ID.
- [FirstName] - this will automatically populate the affiliate’s first name in your message.
- [LastName] - this will automatically populate the affiliate’s last name in your message.
- Deep / Text Link - this will prompt you to enter a URL or enter in the default URL to the body of your message. The link will include [UserID] which will automatically include the affiliate’s tracking ID, so they can quickly copy and paste the text link.
- Banner Link - this will prompt you to choose a banner from your banners on the program, it will appear as a link for the affiliate and include their unique tracking ID.
- Coupon Link - this will prompt you to choose a coupon from your coupons on the program, it will appear as a link for the affiliate and include their unique tracking ID.
- Promotion Link - this will prompt you to choose a promotion from your promotions on the program, it will appear as a link for the affiliate and include their unique tracking ID.
Below is an example of how to communicate with an affiliate:
Thank you for being a valuable member of our affiliate program.
[BRAND] will be launching a promotion commencing 2nd May, where customers can Save 20% OFF. We would appreciate it if you could promote this offer to your audience. Details of the promotion are below:
Offer: Save 20% OFF Sitewide
Link: [ include an affiliate link here, simply click on “Promotion”, or “Coupon”, to include the link to the promotion. Ensure the promotion is set up prior to communication. The link will automatically include the affiliate’s unique ID, so they can copy and paste the link directly into their site]
Dates: 2nd May - 4th May 2020
T&C’s: Valid until 4th May, not eligible for products X Y Z.
Thank you for choosing to partner with [BRAND] and supporting our brand, if there is any way we can assist you in promoting this offer, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
If you have created an email template for your own database, you’re able to use the same template in the message centre, so the messaging is consistent between affiliates and your brand’s database. To create this type of message, click on Source which can be found above “Recipient ID”, copy and paste the code from your email template and enter into the message field. Click on Source again to view the email template.